AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Some personal information about your loved one is required for the California Death Certificate. Our funeral home staff will assist you in preparing and ordering the right number of copies.
To begin the process you can download a PDF of the Vital Statistics, fill it out, print it and bring it with you to our funeral home when you visit for the arrangement appointment. (If you can't print it, we'll help you fill it out at the appointment.)
MAKE AN ARRANGEMENT APPOINTMENT
The arrangement appointment will take place at Cherokee Memorial Funeral Home at 831 Industrial Way in Lodi. (The funeral home is 1 mile north of the cemetery, at Beckman Rd and Industrial Way.)
Some items to bring with you to the appointment:
• The Vital Statistics form
• Clothing for the deceased (include undergarments, no shoes)
• Jewelry, eyeglasses, dentures, prosthesis
• Veteran discharge papers or DD-214
• Pre-paid funeral/cemetery plans, if applicable
• Obituary: photo, biographical information. We'll help you write it.
• Insurance policies (documents + phone numbers)
Call as soon as a death occurs. We'll guide you through the process.
(209) 334-9613 LODI
(209) 944-9898 STOCKTON
(209) 239-0928 MANTECA
OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS
• Prepare a list of friends and relatives to be notified by phone, e-mail, card or letter.
• Arrange hospitality for visiting relatives and friends.
• Arrange for child care, if necessary.
• Delegate special needs of the household, such as cleaning, food preparation, etc., to friends and family who offer to help.
• Plan for the disposition of flowers after the funeral (to a church, hospital or rest home).
• Notify insurance companies of the death (requires certified Death Certificate).
• Check all life and casualty insurance for death benefits, including Social Security, credit union, trade unions, fraternal and military. Check on possible income for survivors from these sources.
• Locate the will or living trust and notify the lawyer and executor.
• Stop Social Security payments and determine eligibility for one-time death benefit and/or survivor benefits.
• If the deceased was living alone, notify the utility companies and landlord and notify the post office where to send mail.
• Review all debts and installment payments, including credit cards. If there is to be a delay in meeting payments, consult with creditors and ask for more time before the payments are due.
• Prepare a list of people to receive acknowledgments of flowers, charitable donations, calls, etc. Include a thank you to those who have given their time.
PLAN FOR THE FUTURE
By preparing for the inevitable, you insure peace of mind for your loved ones and for yourself. Learn about the many benefits of pre-need planning.
Privacy: Any information you submit will be held in strict confidence. We never release any personal information to outside parties.
FD 1657 & 1672
Cherokee Memorial Park & Funeral Home is a cemetery and funeral home located a short drive from Stockton in Lodi, California, a San Joaquin Valley landmark since 1940. Our friendly and comforting staff is dedicated to serving families in need of funeral services, a funeral home, funeral parlor, funeral chapel, funeral directors, undertakers, cremation, a mausoleum, memorial park, memorial service, cemetery or mortuary. For more information, please call us at (209) 334-9613, or write or visit us at Cherokee Memorial Park, Highway 99 & Harney Lane, Lodi, CA 95240.